The Xact® 920 system is the latest application of Cooper Environmental’s automated XRF module that allows for analysis of continuously-drawn aqueous samples for user-selected metals.
A measured amount of unknown sample is blended with a known amount of internal standard which is continuously nebulized, evaporated, and collected onto the filter tape. The liquid sample is aerosolized facilitating the removal of water and allowed metal salts to be concentrated on the filter tape. This method of pre-concentration allows detection limits in the low parts per billion (ppb) ranges for elements ranging from potassium to uranium.
The concentrated deposit is automatically advanced and analyzed by XRF for selected metals as the subsequent sample is collected. Sampling and analysis are performed continuously and simultaneously, except during the advancement of the tape (~20 sec) and during daily-automated quality assurance checks.
- Sampling, analysis, and near-real time reporting every 15, 30, 60, and 120 min in ppb
- Automatic quality assurance, alarms, and control features
- Proven XRF technology
- Identification and measurement of 23 elements simultaneously
- Incorporates an XRF stability check with every sample analyzed
- Provides and automatic daily upscale and QA checks
- Highly sensitive and reliable (low ppb to ppm range)
- Nondestructive analysis allows for sample archiving
- Low maintenance cost
- Extremely stable, requiring only automated calibration checks
- Analytical recalibration frequency generally less than once per year